What is Video SEO? 2
In What is Video SEO part 2 we highlight our Maximum Exposure strategy. Get your audience’s eyes on the prize (your video)!
(video transcript) What Is Video SEO? part 2
In Part 1 we covered some Video SEO basics and looked at a strategy to drive traffic to your website. Haven’t seen What Is Video SEO? part 1? Go take a look now, then circle back here.
Now, if you’re only interested in high visibility for your video and less concerned about driving traffic to your website, then my Maximum Exposure strategy is worth considering. You still follow the first four steps that we’ve outlined here:
- Place each of your videos on a dedicated page.
- Create captions for your videos.
- Create a video transcript and place it on the page below your video.
- Create a video XML sitemap and submit it to Google and Bing.
- The additional steps for maximum exposure are as follows:
- Upload your video to popular video sites like Youtube and Vimeo.
- Make sure to create a keyword rich title and description for each video.
- Embed your video on your social media business pages like Facebook & Linkedin.
By uploading and embedding your video to multiple platforms you will be creating multiple search engine results. This means higher visibility and greater potential engagement across multiple platforms. What you’re doing here is creating the opportunity for past and future clients to engage with you on their platform of choice.
The takeaway? Video SEO helps you reach your target audience more effectively, communicate your message in the space your target audience prefers, and creates a visible advantage over competitors text based content. If your business goals include increasing your brand visibility, driving more traffic to your website, or encouraging greater engagement with your social business pages, there’s no stronger ally, no greater catalyst than Video SEO.
Tell us About Your Next Project